Saturday, April 10, 2010

Enchantment: Orson Scott Card



I am a huge fan of Card's Ender Saga and thought I'd give this one a chance.  This book is Card's rendition of Sleeping Beauty which is intended, I believe, for adults.  His tale merges the magic filled fairy-tale land with modern day and provides the reader with a fun, magical, and adventure filled story that entertains from cover to cover.  The aspect of the book that I appreciated the most, having experienced another culture, was that this book was filled with many humorous and awkward moments that occur when a person enters a new culture.  This combined with an entertaining plot make for a great read.

Would I Read It Again?: Possibly

Grade:  B+
Content:  Fantasy Violence, Adult Situations
Jeff's Recommended Age:  18+

1 comment:

  1. Have you read The Hunger Games? I got it from the library on Thursday, finished it Friday, Deidra started it on Saturday, finished on Sunday and Chris is starting it today. If he gets through it as fast as we have I'll still have 2 weeks until it is due if you want to read it.

    ReplyDelete